Saturday, November 18, 2006

Favourite Lesbian Poem

This is my favourite lesbian poem, by Gerry Gomez Pearlberg...

Sailor

The girls go by in their sailor suits
They catch my eye in their sailor suits
Big or slight they all grin like brutes
In steam-ironed pants and buffed jet boots
They saunter right up my alley.

I study their easy, confident strides
Crew cuts and white hats capping decadent eyes
They shiver the pearl on night's oystery prize
They shiver me timbers, unbuckle me thighs
This alley was made for seething.

From the sweat of a street lamp or lap of the sea
A smooth sailor girl comes swimming to me
Says she wants it right now and she wants it for free
Clamps her palms to my shoulders, locks her knees to
my knees
This alley was made for cruising.

Her face is dark coffee, her head has no hair
Her cap shines like neon in the bristling night air
She pins her brass metals to my black brassiere
Tucks her teeth like bright trophies behind my left ear
This alley is very rewarding.

She tosses her jacket and rolls up her sleeves
On her arm's a tattoo of an anchor at sea
She points to the anchor and whispers 'That's me.'
And the wetter I get the more clearly I see
This alley was made for submersion.

Her fingers unbutton my 501s
This girl's fishing for trouble and for troubling fun
She slides off her gold rings and they glint like the sun
Then she smirks, rubs her knuckles, and spits out her gum
This alley was made for swooning.

Now she's pushing her prow on my ocean's sponge wall
Uncorking my barnacle, breaking my fall
And there's pink champagne fizzling down my decks and
my hall
As she wrecks her great ship on my bright port-of-call
This alley was made for drowning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...beautiful poem; really sexually charged from the beginning to end, particularly the last stanza "pink champagne" ^^


Just stumbled across this whilst looking for a similar poem we studied in school last year; doubt i'll find it though..

nzlesbian said...

Can you tell me anything about it?